Last Week’s Learning
“Look deep, deep into nature and then you will understand
everything better.” Albert Einstein
Einstein’s quote best describes last week’s learning in the RES preschool classrooms! With autumn quickly approaching, treasures from our outside world are plentiful! Our young scientists connected with various raw materials from mother nature as they learned new vocabulary, completed experiments, and made observations/predictions and PATTERNS!
- Mathematicians also noticed and created PATTERNS by creating BOY, GIRL PATTERNS, and WIDE/NARROW Rectangle PATTERNS! PATTERNS are everywhere, on our clothes, in our classroom and can be found outside on the playground!
- The Alphabet Train is also in full operation! Passengers boarded the train and chugged off to Florida! Upon arriving in the warm climate, state SAM announced,”Hey we can’t stay here our passengers have hats and scarves,they will be too hot! Let’s get out of town and go somewhere cold!” All 26 passengers quickly departed to the North Pole!
- BEN uses his strong fingers and pretends his fingers are a bird’s beak as he DISSECTS SEEDS FROM A SUNFLOWER BLOSSOM.
- Scholars used scissors to snip the HORSETAILS into beads. Can you find the PATTERN on the HORSETAILS?
- HORSETAILS are HOLLOW and can be used to make many things…
- Scholars KNEADED and rolled CLAY into a ROUND ball. Next preschoolers rolled the clay balls flat. The clay worked as “glue” and held nature treasures in place.
- DIFFUSION; TO FLOW, MOVE or SPREAD OUT
1. Add lines and curves to a coffee filter
2. Mist water onto the line design and coffee filter
3. Observe colors spreading and moving…DIFFUSION!
Before Water After Water
- Sculpting Green Jelly Bean CHRYSALISES.
First make an OVAL shape and then poke a hole in it!
THANK YOU For attending our Open House and Supporting your Child’s Learning!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES TO TYRELLE! Thank you for bringing in fruit skewers to share with your friends!
NEXT WEEK’S LEARNING
September 22nd - 26th
CIRCLE and SQUARE
Close my eyes shut them tight.
Make a circle with my right.
Keep them shut; make it fair.
With my other hand draw a square.
Comparing, Sorting, and Matching buttons, Pasta Beads, and Straws
What has a ROUND shape?
Butterflies will EMERGE from CHRYSALISES and we are predicting TWO boys and TWO girls.
WHEEL AWAY By Dayle Ann Dodds
New Vocabulary: SPHERE and DISK